Reply to "Justin Trudeau"

Ever since the MTH board was removed I have stayed away from political threads on this forum, but this one has drawn me in.

I have never been a fan of Trudeau (aka Ron Wood Jr.). We wouldn't even be discussing him if it wasn't for his last name and that happens to be one that I don't care much for because I thought his father was an egotistical dick. While I don't disagree with Sunnylea's list of Liberal accomplishments since the party has been in power, RWJr has proven to be a poor leader. My biggest problem with him has been his broken promise of transparency, of which the nadir is the SNC affair and everything that goes with it, including the omnibus passage of the Deferred Prosecution bill, the resignations of the two key female cabinet ministers, the lies and now the refusal to allow the RCMP to investigate. The blackface incidents pale in comparison to SNC imo, but they certainly show the silver-spoon-up-the-ass place he comes from. He should resign and the Liberals should acclaim Freeland as leader and PM, although that could make this election a little chaotic for them.

Scheer. Is he really the best the Cons could dig up? I do agree with Mangiare and CSM about his position on abortion and same-sex marriage. We know he's against both but he's said he accepts the current laws. Definitely a hypocrite towards Trudeau's blackface past given his forgiveness of  some of his candidates for similar or worse transgressions. More importantly, the Cons policies on many issues are extremely vague, even 4 weeks away from the election.

I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet although it doesn't really matter much. The Liberals could nominate Curious George in our riding and still win by thousands of votes. I'd like to see a minority government, except that rarely works out because most of our politicians don't really give a shit about the service they are supposed to be providing to us so compromise is not in their vocabulary.