Reply to "Justin Trudeau"

Taking a politician at his word (especially a weasel like Scheer)? Holding your nose and closing your eyes and thinking "how much harm can he really do?" That hasn't worked so well with Dougie. Or his brother before that. Or... Or... 

And thinking that a politician can't swing the social pendulum? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ We're not immune just because "Canada". Except for the big cities, we're a more regressively conservative (I'm being polite, but the first track from Randy Newman's "Good Old Boys" album comes to mind) country than we like to think.

I think I'm a social liberal and generally a fiscal conservative. But I also consider our education and health care systems to be social programs, and they're being pillaged under the guise of "fiscal responsibility".

Trudeau has messed up. And personally, he has been hypocritical. But he and his party have also achieved quite a bit. I'll copy and paste a few of the accomplishments:

"...moved to legislate pay equity in the federal sector, made the national anthem gender-neutral, enshrined in law protections for transgender people, and required gender-based analysis to be conducted on major policies... pledged to increase international aid spending for womenโ€™s health and promoted the status of women portfolio to a full department for Women and Gender Equality (WAGE) ... legalization of marijuana ... bringing in more than 40,000 Syrian refugees ... In 2018 Canada resettled more refugees than any other country. While this embrace of asylum seekers, refugees, and immigrants hasnโ€™t been without issues, the target for millions of new Canadians in the coming years will have a real and lasting impact on the country ... Secured a pan-Canadian agreement on reducing emissions and rolled out a carbon tax. The Liberals also put money towards low carbon infrastructure, protected more marine and costal areas, and passed legislation to overhaul environmental assessment processes..."

Speaking of hypocrites, Scheer said this when the racists comments and beliefs of some in his party came to light: "As long as someone takes responsibility for what they've said and addresses the fact that in 2019 something that may have been said in the past are inappropriate today, that if anything that they've ever said in the past caused any type of hurt or disrespect to one community or another and have apologized for that, I accept that."

Yet this is what he said about Trudeau: "I was extremely shocked and disappointed ... wearing blackface is an act of open mockery and racism. It was just as racist in 2001 as it is in 2019. And what Canadians saw this evening is someone with a complete lack of judgement and integrity, and someone who's not fit to govern this country."  ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Scheer will NOT get my vote.