Skip to main content

Reply to "January 2022 - What Are You Drinking?"

@seaquam posted:

739949A1-15DD-48AA-B697-DF009A50222BTonight with lamb souvlakia from our favourite local Greek joint, we had 2001 D’Arenberg Shiraz The Dead Arm, dark like a barrel sample, very little bricking, gorgeous berry and plum nose, some pipe tobacco, and in the mouth blackberry, plum, sandalwood, black pepper, super silky, dry and intense, but on the very long finish it actually gets sweeter, almost jammy, with fruit that fades slowly. Invites another sip, and then another.

It’s hard to believe that this is a wine that’s old enough to vote anywhere in North America, and while I don’t see how it can get any better, it is spectacular now and should last a while longer. I can hardly wait to open this blind for a couple of my sommelier friends in the coming months. By any wine lover’s standards, this is a “Wow!” wine. I’m glad I still have a few more.

A wine I've had 5 times between 2003 and 2014. Except for the last bottle which was flawed, this always showed wonderfully. Wish I had saved one. How many more bottles do you have.

Took a quick look on winebid and it is selling for $125.

VM

Last edited by Vino Me