Skip to main content

Reply to "January 2013: What are you drinking?"

quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Last night w/VanCityWino and our ladies:

- NV H. Billiot Champagne Cuvee Laetitia -- a really excellent Champagne, complex and rich, lots of pear, ginger, white chocolate, roasted nuts, a bit spicy, good acidity, very long finish, even better than their Cuvee Julie to my taste

- 2011 Domaine Fouassier Sancerre Les Baronne -- very nice, apple and citrus, quite intense, perfect with fresh oysters

- 2007 Meo-Camuzet Morey St-Denis -- lovely nose of cherry, barnyard and herbs, silky, interesting mix of ripe cherry, mushroom and sage flavours with some sour cherry notes kicking in at the end, light in colour but long in finish, fine quality village wine drinking very well now

- 2001 Domaine Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Reservee -- still dark, big nose of berries and some funky stank, lots of berry and plum flavour, garrigue, pepper, basil, rich mouthfeel, dense, long finish with some fine tannins at the end, excellent, can probably use a few more years to show all it has

You truly drink well, Seaquam. A very intelligent selector of wines, and I'm sincere when I say this.