Last night w/Tyees:
- Guy Charlemagne Champagne Brut Rose -- nice Pinot Noir nose and same on palate, lots of cherry, spice, excellent
- 2004 Dom. Weinbach Gewurztraminer Cuvee Laurence -- textbook roses and lichi, pear, white pepper, rich and silky, finishes long and, unlike a lot of other Gewurztraminers, very dry (Tyee called this "a wine connoisseur's Gewurz"), delicious
- 2002 Mommessin Clos de Tart -- blackberry, cherry, anise, mineral, shows more and more with every mouthful, velvety, a Great Wine still a few year from peak, long expansive finish, a Wow! wine, killer Burgundy!
- 1997 Allegrini Amarone -- some cheesy stank, lots of sultana raisin, milk chocolate, tar, big and powerful, long finish with big round tannins, probably drinking as well as it's going to but no hurry to get rid of these yet
- 1987 Fonseca Port Guimarens -- plum, cinnamon, sage, fig flavours, not a huge Fonseca but complex, rich, delicious and perfect for a rainy night