Skip to main content

Reply to "In the market for a gas grill"

quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
I bit the bullet and bought the Weber Summit 670....really wanted a built in Lynx, but will make do with this for a few years. So far I am very satisfied.

Had a Weber Summit for 8 years and bought a Lynx about 3 years ago (mostly because it came with a full cabinet and drawers and was a floor model at Sur La Table and I got it at 50% less than retail)

Long story short . . . I would be hard pressed to say the Lynx is any better than the Summit. The Weber Summit is incredibly solid. My sister has it now and it is bomb proof. She had to replace the lid, all the burners (which had a few holes in them after 10+ years of high heat cooking), the temp gauge on the lid, and the side burner because the gas line got gunked up. All parts were 100% warrantied by Weber and came with idiot-proof instructions to self-install

I like the Lynx a lot but I have had to replace the light assembly and one of the burners after 3 years to the tune of $400. It's definitely a solid piece of equipment and the gauge of steel will outlast a Weber from what the repair guy told me . . . But, Weber customer service is un-paralleled. And, as far as the cooking quality goes . . . the two are identical

Lynx is a nice piece of equipment if you can get a great deal on it. Otherwise, you could get a Weber Summit, replace it in 10 years with a new one and be spending the same amount of money as if you had bought a Lynx new