Reply to "How much longer will this forum survive?"

billhike posted:
bman posted:
bomba503 posted:

The biggest problem I see is too many people posting about things other than wine. Yes what you ate, listened to, watched, voted for etc was a nice adjunct when things were more active but now that's most of what We've got left. We've got people here that post regularly but little or nothing about wine in years. I don't know if some of them even buy or drink wine regularly anymore. That creates an odd dynamic if not hostile environment and repels newbies. Think about this. Who is the last new regular poster that has joined the forum? Can't think of one in years

The main reason I post rarely in wine-related threads is that after 17 years here there is little new for me to add to any discussion.  I used to post TNs regularly but then realized that my list of descriptors numbered maybe a dozen.  Having a crappy palate doesn't help!

So are you saying that after all this time drinking port that your palate can be in a commercial similar to “this is your brain on drugs”? 

I think a slip of my dentist's needle many years ago that killed some taste buds is more responsible than the port!