Reply to "Greetings from..."

billhike posted:

Train to Salzburg was tomorrow’s plan. However, my wife took a spill inside the Residenz Palace this afternoon and sprained her ankle pretty good. Hoping she will be ok enough to make that trek in a few days. This is “her trip” so to speak and it will really suck if she has to miss seeing things we planned - especially since the weather is fantastic, if a but unlike winter. We visited multiple Christmas markets yesterday including a medieval-themed one after dark.  Glühwein Isn’t something I’m usually interested, but I enjoyed a clay chalice of if that was set on fire! We had a nice long stroll this morning from our hotel in the city center through some nice neighborhoods leading to the English Gardens. I had to make the tourist hell stop at Hofbrau Haus despite friends telling me to skip it. The wife, not a beer drinker, got in a the spirit and downed an entire liter! She now has an excuse for klutziness. I broke an arm in Montalcino last year; perhaps we need to abstain from Europe.  

Munich is a beautiful, clean and vibrant city. I’m enjoying it so far, and like that a lot of people walk their dogs and we get to greet them. 

Well, stay healthy!

Munich has a great airport as well.