Skip to main content

Reply to "Greetings from..."

The Golden View: Very nice. We had a table at 7:30, and since we book a few weeks in advance (Thanks to Wine+Art) we had a table by the window and could look at the Ponte Vecchio and the Arno river. Meal was very enjoyable. I had bruschetta and a delicious steak marinated with a little balsamic vinegar. My wife had a vegetable soup, which I think actually had a chickenbroth base which was very nice. She had a swordfish dish with a variety of capers, onions, etc on top which she enjoyed;. We had a bottle of Prosecco to start and I had some sort of 2004 Brunello with my steak. Frankly I forgot to look at the label as I was just not paying attention, but as a house wine it was really great.
The odd thing is that we returned tonight to the same place for a strange reason, and I had a veal scallopine which was just passable(not recommended) and my wife had a Sea Bream which she liked. Pasta as a first course.
This is a quality place with a 1st rate wine list, with nice verticals in major Tuscans. They actually put some Wine Spectator scores on teh menu, and they have a few WS top rated selections.

Meanwhile we had a terrific lunch at a place called Casalinga, where there were only Italians there. Everyone seemed to know
everyone. There was a lot of kissing going on.

Here is an oddity. We sat next to a couple from Baltimore who are close friends of Comet Spider, and they know his father very well also.
Last edited by irwin