Reply to "Greetings from..."

Jackson, WY for a few days.

Dinner at the Bistro In Cooke City, MT was decent but nothing special.

The two days in Yellowstone National Park were great. We only saw one bear and one coyote, but several elk, deer, and pronghorns, and hundreds of bison. What's the difference between bison and buffalo? We got up pretty close when the bison walked up to us, but didn't annoy them. We heard some guy got gored by one last week. The mud geysers were colorful and beautiful and of course, we witnessed an Old Faithful eruption. We took a number of hikes and really got a feel for the place, at least as much as possible in 2 days.

We stayed at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel for 2 days, a beautiful property with large airy rooms, but no TV or cell phone service for me to check on my beloved first place Yankees. The dining room was about the best we've found in any of the national parks, but still nothing special. $12 corkage.

We spent today in Grand Teton National Park, with magnificent scenery. Tomorrow, we're going rafting on the Snake River. We had dinner tonight in Jackson at The Blue Lion. It was the best dinner of the first week of our trip, but the chef loves his peppermill a little too much. We brought a 1999 Martinelli Jackass Zinfandel which was clearly not up to previous bottles. It didn't taste old, but I have to figure its best days are behind it. $15 corkage.