Reply to "Game of Thrones [The TV Show Only; Please No Spoilers Based Upon the Books]"

quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Just got through binge watching season 7. Seems to me that since they are now past GRRM's books, the new writers(producers?) are trying to simplify and streamline the narrative. A lot of loose ends were tied up or looped back into the main storyline. Perhaps because there were only 7 episodes, or perhaps because so much more money is being spent on SFX?

I'm also about ready to finish season 7, probably tonight. I read the books a number of years ago and just signed up for HBO recently and have powered through the first six seasons. Agree with the quickening of tying up of loose ends and frankly it's nice to see things that I have no idea how they will turn out. Still a couple seasons worth of work to tie everything up.

What I found interesting / annoying while working my way from Season 1 Episode 1 is how much filler has been jammed in there as the seasons progressed. I understand the why, but it's interesting when Season 1 was 62 minutes of straight show, then it gradually went to recap of previous episodes and writer commentary post episode all the way to a weak 7 episode current season.