Skip to main content

Reply to "Game of Thrones [The TV Show Only; Please No Spoilers Based Upon the Books]"

I hated the last episode, it was a character assassination of Stannis. While I understand the show is soon passing the book in terms of progress, and stories must diverge paths sooner or later. But that was just bad writing and I just can't let that slide as an audience. It didn't fit Stannis Iron-like character to do something like that. After all he has been through, including starved in Storms End for a year without surrendering, now he suddenly sacrifice his blood 1 day after he lost some supplies and horses??? It just doesn't make sense. Having said that, the actor, Stephen Dillane, was great at his protrayal of the douchy version of Stannis.

Extra Info for anyone interested: Book 5 Stannis vs Season 5 Stannis
*May contain spoilers concerning S5 Episode 9*

Also, Ayra 's story arc has been pretty boring this season, it served no purpose nor any entertainment value in the entire season. WTF was that all about ? Mace Tyrell's singing gig may give 1/10 audience a dry chuckle at best, while Myern Trant's "Too Old" one liner only garnered him some Pedo-bear-like celebrity status on the internet. Overall there was no character development of any sorts, hell, Ayra didn't even killed anyone this season.

And The Kingslayer - Doran Martell story arc was one of the worse to watch. Obyern's lady was ready to start a war by murdering a child. Next thing you know it's one big happy family again. "oh I am Sorry, I didn't think this through, it's probably a misunderstanding, let's be friends". For a moment, I thought I was watching some crap like days of our lives or General Hospital. Thank goodness the Sand-snake's boobie scene single-handedly saved that entire story arc.

I am with JB on this one. I am on the edge of dropping this show. S1-S4 was my all time fav, S5 has been lackluster, and I suppect Season 6 will be worse. All because D&D have no talents in writing their own story besides following George R.R. Martin's script. Saying this may seem harsh, but I predict Season 6 will be a letdown compare to the previous.
Last edited by slipperypete