Skip to main content

Reply to "Game of Thrones [The TV Show Only; Please No Spoilers Based Upon the Books]"

quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
I'm happy not to have read the books... though it does make me wonder...

Anyway, iirc, they are condensing books 4 and 5 into one single season, and they have always suggested the tv series might deviate a little from where the books go.

As long as Tyrion doesn't go anti-Jamie (ie., go from a lovable character to an evil one) I'll be ok.

Also- I loved season 1; and I really liked seasons 2 and 3. But this past season was just out-control-good. Easily the best so far, imo.

The biggest difference from book to show in my view is the show simply can't replicate the POV narrative of the book. Each chapter is told from the perspective of a POV character so the story is incomplete and skewed creating an even further lack of confidence in the story for the reader and additional insight into the thoughts/emotions of the POV character. It is one of the main reasons that I think to many viewers the Jon character does not resonate as well on the show as on the page.

Faulkner's As I Lay Dying is the first book (that I can remember) that I read that does something similar.