Skip to main content

Reply to "Game of Thrones [The TV Show Only; Please No Spoilers Based Upon the Books]"

quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
Im all caught up and really enjoying the series. I was very caught off guard by the beheading. Are they setting up the imp as an anti-hero?

Referencing a comment above about the books. Is there really no ending? I hate it when a show doesnt wrap stuff up . . . cough . . . Sopranos . . . cough. If there is no ending is the guy writing another book or is he just leaving it hanging?

The Sopranos had an ending--it was just terrible. The difference here, as I've said in earlier posts, is that there currently is no ending. It's a planned seven book series with the fifth one coming out next month. Each book ends with a dramatic event, but it is not a wrap up. So the final episode on Sunday will end with dramatic events, but no conclusion. The same thing will happen when the second series comes out next year. And it will continue for as many books as they are willing to finance to adapt to the series. Going by Martin's current track record for releasing the books we may be looking to 2020 before the books are finished let alone the TV series.