Reply to "Five 2007 Marlborough Sauvignon blancs"

G'day Piers,

No, the one with the "B" is from their "Letter Series". Indeed it is from the Brancott vineyard and is the next step up from the Reserve.

I don't think this is sold in the States but only in Aus and NZ. The "Brancott" label indeed is an US export label, for obviously they couldn't market it under their winery name (Montana).

The 2007 vintage is up there with the best (1996) - almost perfect weather all the way through and nice depth on the palate of all except the bottom level wines.

That said, the Brancott non-reserve should retail in the States for about $US 10 to $12 and is reasonable QPR at that price.

Isabel - weeeell - that's also a step up in price, but an excellent wine. One to try (Aus market available, only) would be "Skipjack" with a tuna on the label (Fesq and Co.).

Blatant promotion as clients grew the fruit for the wine - but hell, after 1000 posts I can get away with it once! At about $Aus 14/15 retail it is an excellent QPR. Another (no commercial interest this time) would be Mt Riley - more in the traditional mold - I'd take the former with steamed mussels and the latter if there was a glazing sauce.