Skip to main content

Reply to "Fine Watches"

quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
I really like my Shinola. Wearing it today in fact for casual Friday. I don't think you buy a watch like Shinola for it's "movements". At least I don't. This is not something I'm going to be holding onto for 20 years. It's a stylish casual watch that I can where when I'm running around on the weekends. If it gets banged up or stops working after a couple of years, no big deal.

Got my wife a Shinola for Christmas, she loves it. Thinking of picking myself up one as an every day watch. Disappointed to hear they are not all-American, but as stated, they do a lot for Detroit and the area, so I'll continue to support.

Shinola has found a place in the casual fashion watch market for sure. I'm not sure if I ever posted here or not, but I too bought one of their watches, the Brakeman Chrono.

There was a time America was serious in watchmaking, but that was 3-4 generations ago. There is momentum currently of America becoming a serious manufacturer once again. RGM I think is the leader with others like Hagar, Kobold, Oak & Oscar, Shinola and Weiss all finding their place.