Reply to "Fine Watches"

quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
Jorge,
I have a Roadster Chronograph and my wife has a regular roadster. She is very happy with it. It is a medium sized face. Moderately priced. Good looking watch. No problems at all with it. Mine has been perfect as well. No complaints.

Thanks Doc.

I'm considering the medium-sized (31mm?) for her.

It's a Quartz movement, correct?

Any reason to frown upon that?

I’m sure many many people have had great experiences with Cartier’s quartz movements but my experience (actually my mother’s watch) has been nothing but frustration and pain. She has a Bagnoire which she doesn’t bother wearing much anymore. When she does it’s only as a piece of jewelry. A year or so after buying it (new from a Cartier store) it started gaining time on her wrist. Take it in, add $1k, get it back with the same problem. Repeat. Call back, complain, platitudes from Cartier, “fix” for free, same problem. Call back, yell, scream, get new movement put in. Have the new movement “jump” time ahead in 15-30 minute increments. Add $1k to go along with the worst customer relations ever (as in “well it must be your fault, or the way you’re wearing it. Try wrapping the watch in black electricians tape. We’re not interested in trying to fix it again after this”).