Reply to "Fine Watches"

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
I'm not a huge fan of Patek, but excellent watches. I think Hublot is doing some interesting things currently.

Much of their work is quite conservative in nature (from a 'fashion' sense)true. However, their time pieces are unarguably timeless.

Timeless for sure.

I would select Vacheron Constantin over Patek for such a style, but you can not go wrong with either.

I would add Breguet to that list if you are looking for simple, elegant, timeless watches in that sphere. That said, if you’re going for a timeless dress watch IMHO it is hard to beat a Patek Calatrava.

There are a lot of Pateks that to me aren’t timeless, they speak (at least to me) of a very specific era. I think these are the ones I like the best! The Ellipse is a pure “1968 driving your Ferrari Daytona down to Nice” watch. Love it. The Nautilus is “1987 sitting on Wall Street and smirking at the guys wearing their Rolexes and Royal Oaks who up until they saw your watch though they were the power brokers in the room”. Iconic.

I love the Ellipse, but my wife hates it… A Nautilus though is definitely on my short bucket list of watches I want to own.