Reply to "February 2019: What are you drinking?"

2006 Copain Thompson Syrah - Nice, new world in style, I found it a bit one-dimensional but Mrs VeV loved it.

2008 Poggio al Tesoro Sondraia - again, nice, italian claret in a polished new world style.    Paired well with a cold night and some lentils and cotechino.  

2015 Occhipinti SP68 rosso - finally a not flawed bottle.  Still a bit of effervesence on opening, but settled down with an afternoon of air and turned into what it could be.  I have one bottle left and i'm not sure i'm a repeat buyer based on the number of skunked bottles i've had.

2015 Sybille Kuntz Reisling Kabinett Trocken - this disappeared fast.  Loved by all.  petrol, tropical fruits, a little smoky minerality and enamel-peeling acidity.  Glad i have a few more to follow

2012 Castello di Rampolla Chianti Classico - This was great with porchetta - still young and needed some fat to tame the acid/tannins.  On the darker side of sangiovese.  Would probably benefit from additional aging.

2010 Querce Bettina RdM - middle of the road stylistically, nice sangiovese.  Good fruit/savoury balance.  Revisiting the bottle on the 2nd night it was oxidising pretty quickly.  Cork was fine though.