Reply to "Favorite Cut of Steak and why?"

quote:
Originally posted by Pogg:
quote:
Originally posted by inky:
Prime rib and tenderloin are not cuts of steak, the cuts would be the filet and ribeye/bone-in rib steak/delmonico/etc.

As far as your favorite, you start by saying flank or sirloin, than you say if you had to eat one steak ond only one, it would be the strip ??????

True, Prime Rib is not a cut of steak. It is a seasoned & slowly roasted Rib Eye. If you want to get technical the tenderloin is a primal cut of beef, as is also a Ribeye. Depending where you cut down on the Ribeye, what is attached, or how it is presented changes the name of a ribeye.

Sirloin & Flank are my favorite cuts of beef however they do have some qualities that over time I would get tired of. I chose the strip as the only steak I would eat for the rest of my life because of the best of both world qualities. They can be quite tender and the strip loin is worked enough to give it some flavor. If you were told you could drink only one bottle of wine for the rest of your life (endless supply in the bottle), would you choose your favorite or something that could be enjoyed with a wide variety of occasions???

Just out of curiousity, what do you consider a Delmonico?

A prime rib would not be considered a roasted ribeye (which is considered a cut/steak), but instead a roast of a cut of beef from the rib section, also known as a rib roast or standing rib roast. Steaks that are cut from the uncooked rib roast are known as rib eyes.

A delmonico was derived originally as a form of preparation from the famous steak house, Delmonicos. Although there is contreversy as to what the cut was originally, it has become most known as a boneless ribeye. Next...