Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

I’m fully Modernaed and I asked my pharmacist for the full dose for dose three (I told him I had a high lymphocyte count last time my blood was drawn, which is true but my doctor wasn’t worried). He gave me the full dose. (Or so he claimed!) So I should be as fully vaccinated as you can get. I just don’t understand the people hesitating. I’m ready for shot #4.

I now know 4 separate (2 live together, though) fully vaccinated and boosted (all Pfizer) people who’ve gotten presumably Omicron in the past 10 days. All had mild symptoms relative to COVID. All described it as a head cold with headache, post-nasal drip, some stuffiness, and a sore throat. And a couple had sub 100F fevers (like 99.5 .) Two of the four went on monoclonal antibodies just to be extra precautious. All four retained their ability to smell just fine. The first to test positive is now completely better (he is one of the people who took monoclonal antibodies) and the other three say they think they’re over the hump. All-in-all, kinda scary, but if that’s what Omicron is if you’re fully vaccinated, it is just a standard head cold that maybe lasts a few days longer than average. Of course, for the unvaccinated, even if on a per case basis it isn’t as severe as Delta, given the sheer volume of cases likely to emerge, there’s going to be another round of real and mostly avoidable suffering. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by winetarelli