Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

@The Old Man posted:

I guess you missed the point that we never could have reached this milestone without people refusing to be vaccinated. While the prevaccine deaths are of course tragic many of those deaths were also caused by people who didn't take the virus seriously. Their president told them it was no big deal, so they wouldn't mask up and they continued to gather in large groups.

The first sentence of my reply made it abundantly obvious that I was aware of the intent of your post.  There are unfortunately too many who passed away pre-vaccine that worked in essential capacities like healthcare, agriculture and service industries who couldn’t avoid exposure.  You denigrate them when you stated that “congrats to ALL THE UNVACCINATED who made this milestone possible”.  Their deaths are included in the total count.  We wouldn’t be at this milestone otherwise.  

Now if you had used a modifier such as “willfully” or “profligate” (or better yet, both of those modifiers), you would have insulted the many dummies while acknowledging the victims who were careful but unfortunate……..

Last edited by Insight