Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

@The Old Man posted:

Why would there be a new slew was now being FDA approved?? I guess people could question the FDA approval but are no longer able to call it an experimental drug. I expect a very slight increase in people getting vaccinated, maybe 5%, because as you say most of these people at this point are "f*cking morons."

A former regular poster here who is a Facebook friend and a huge fan of Trump said he was refusing to get the shot because it was "experimental".  A mutual friend who was also a former poster here and a doctor kept explaining to him that with millions of doses globally and so few examples of dire side effects, the vaccine was safe. So now that the vaccine is no longer experimental we both asked him if he was getting his shot now and his reply was a slew of links to obscure mama's-basement websites about how the FDA was dishonest, incompetent, etc etc. 

Trumpanzees gonna be Trumpanzees, so I doubt this will move the number of those vaccinated much, certainly nowhere near what would be needed for herd immunity.  And so the restrictions will continue in states with sensible governors.  And the hospitalizations and deaths will continue to rise in those with idiot governors.