Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

@csm posted:

No expert on the Florida State constitution, but can he really mandate what private businesses do?  I realize someone will have to challenge him to know for sure, but that doesn't seem kosher to me.

He cannot although I am sure he will try.  Once again - government abdication of responsibility and shifting norms onto business and of course only those with conscience and ethics will do so while other simply keep counting their money.

Our best friends in town have a small restaurant that was booming pre-covid and very successful.  They are one of the few in town who followed and exceeded all CDC guidelines they still have reduced seating, they have very limited outdoor seating and no bar seats available (well just 2 on the end) which was a huge part of their business.  Of course, they are owner operators are on site and concerned about their own, their staff who are their friends and their customers many of who are their friends unlike the vast majority of places in town. 

So while the jerks are printing money, the people who care (they are not the only ones in town but representative of a minority) - turn business away, have people fight them over requiring masks and struggle - it is BS