Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

@irwin posted:

Think Christmas in June is strange?

No, because no one actually knows when Jesus was born. Not only was it probably not Dec. 25, but it almost certainly wasn't the year 0 CE. It is often thought that it relates to the winter solstice (which falls on Dec 21 or 22) and Satualia, a festival dedicated to the Roman deity Saturn. For many decades the Adler Planetarium's most popular sky show was their annual Star of Bethlehem show. I saw this show once. This brochure is not from the one I attended (this from 1953, I'm not that old!) that I found online.

The show ran until 2010. In the show they postulate different occurrences that may have been the "bright star in the east." Everything from a comet the Chinese recorded to of course Venus. Some have suggested a conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter, which occured like the one we're going to have Dec. 21st. This one was in October of 7 BCE. Also perhaps a conjunction of Venus and Jupiter which occurred--wait for it--June 17th 2 BCE.

All I know is when he died he triggered centuries of gentiles beating up Jews on the way home from school and being asked, "Why did you do it!? Why did you kill Christ!? As Lenny Bruce said, "A lot of people say to me, 'Why did you kill Christ?', I dunno, it was one of those parties, got out of hand, you know."

Last edited by The Old Man