Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

@irwin posted:

will be interesting to see if there are lots of post-protest infections, as alot of the marchers are not wearing masks and are close to others, and lots of chanting and screaming is occurring.  (This is not a comment on whether people should or should not protest(.

I’m most concerned about the health professionals who weighed in in favor of all the marches and protests. They will have lost a lot of needed credibility. Obviously, we need tremendous change in how policing occurs in this country and in how black people are treated by all aspects of the judicial system, not just the police. (And many other systems as well.)  And the George Floyd murder was such a dramatic example of that, that the protests are totally understandable, if not wise. But I’m crossing my fingers they don’t lead to massive infections and death spikes. Already, in the past less than 3 months more black people in this country have died of Coronavirus than all police killings of black people (including armed) plus all hate crimes and domestic terrorism of black people in the past 20 years combined.