Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

@napacat posted:

Oh what a sad day!  I agree with TOM.  This is exactly what we should be doing.  Let’s get out there again and soon.

I am in the group who is not going anywhere. In fact, I'm starting to think this isolation could continue at least through the end of the year. I had pneumonia 4 years ago and I never want to go through anything like that again.

The other part of the plan is that those who choose to go out cannot then go visit anybody in the 60 and up group nor those with compromised immunity.

Also those who do go out, as I said, must observe all the best health practices enacted by their state and with concern for their fellow citizens. We cannot continue to keep such a large percentage are the population lockdown if there is very little risk for them. However they're going to have to determine the risk themselves and not sue their employer if they get virus. Preventing litigation is another difficult piece that will need to be worked out.

This will still take a long time for all the pieces to come together. But it probably will take longer to get the vaccine and something needs to be done to get some more of the public back to work. However, full employment certainly will not come until a number of years.

Last edited by The Old Man