Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

I think a good bit of the frustration (if that is what it is) with the President stems from his utter inconsistency and the divisions within the administration.  For example, while he has been tweeting "Liberate this state and that" and urging states to reopen their economies, yesterday he attacks the Governor of Georgia for opening up too quickly.  He gives a press conference in which he says that if the virus returns in the fall "It will come back in small doses which we can contain." He then turns to Dr. Blix for her comment and asks her, "Dr. Blix, don't you think there is a good chance it won't be coming back?" and  she says, "We don't know that."  Then Dr. Fauci says, "We will have coronavirus in the fall. I am sure of this."

If you are not going to state scientific fact, then don't state opinions as fact.  He obviously has no idea what the future holds and doesn't understand the science one wit.  So, he should not engage in rank speculation.

What is the purpose of having a press conference to announce that 1) the virus is probably not coming back in the fall 2) we don't know if the virus is coming back in the fall and 3) we are certain that the virus is returning in the fall?

The only purpose is to keep your face on TV and try to convince the American people that you are working hard.  Personally, I'd prefer it if the President left the coronavirus matters to the people who understand it, and if he just went off somewhere to play golf. 

From Maryland, where with a population of around 5.5 million, we have around 15,000 cases and about 640 deaths.