Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

For me: cardboard boxes are left in the foyer for 4+ days prior to opening, and then the contents are either disinfected or left another week. Groceries (all delivered) are brought to the outdoor patio where they are each thoroughly  disinfected before entering the apartment. I only leave home for 3 reasons: to go to the mailbox (no more than twice per week) where mail is summarily thrown out outside and little packages are taken inside and left at the door for at least 4 days. And also to go to my Amazon locker at my community’s clubhouse. I wear disposable gloves, a mask, and go in the middle of the night. Again, see how I treat packages. And to go to my car for “supplies” which are still in it such as boxed beets, soda, olive oil, and disinfectant.  And which are treated as any other package.  Shoes come off immediately upon entry and remain at the door. Gloves are removed upon entry. I wash my hands using a disinfectant cloth to pump the soap (the water is already running.)  All clothing is removed and goes into a special pile not to be touched for 4 says. (And then washed twice on the hottest setting with extra soap.)  The bathroom is disinfected, my hands are rewashed, then I shower. Because I’m sticking to this routine, I’m not washing my hands more than 4 or 5 times per day, otherwise. And I’m ok with touching my face as I’m reasonably confident I’m keeping most of the germs away. 

Last edited by winetarelli