Skip to main content

Reply to "Coronavirus 2019"

I am a tennis player too and I think it sucks that public and private tennis courts in Dade county are closed. Tennis and golf are outdoor activities where you can easily practice social distancing and as long as you don’t share racquets, shake hands or kiss the opponent you would be fine. 

Although I acknowledge the seriousness of the situation I believe most people have overreacted. Watching the empty shelves at grocery stores makes no sense. Food, water and toilet paper aren’t likely to run away. Roads, power and internet will not be compromised. As the test for the virus is more widely used the numerator will be much larger than the denominator (deaths)

New York, California, Italy and Spain have an explanation of why they are so screwed up.

bottom line re open tennis and golf, people need to decompress. Practice social distancing, don’t share clubs or racquets. Elderly with multiple comorbidities or/and immunodeficiency stay home. Drink plenty of wine, eat well, take advantage of this downtime.