Skip to main content

Reply to "College Football 2020"

@scbeerman posted:

Weekend Summary

Alabama- demolished Kentucky 63-3 and clearly the best team no questions asked.

Notre Dame - week off

Ohio St - first big test and passed barely; Justin Fields not his best game and their pass defense was shredded by Penix (who Pruitt at Tenn ran off).

Clemson - game against FSU postponed Sat morning; best break for FSU this season

Texas A&M - game postponed COVID

Florida - slept walked against Vandy but won 38-17.

Cincinnati - won a wild one against UCF 36-33.

BYU - destroyed N Alabama

Wisconsin - lost to Northwestern 17-7; their QB not as good as I thought.

Could we have a playoff with Cincinnati, Northwestern or BYU in it? They may be good stories but all would lose in first round. I know I am a Gator, but they match up against anyone but Bama at this stage.

Of course, we continue the great ride happening in my hometown with Coastal Carolina. The App St Mountaineers came in to Brooks Stadium, the 4 time defending Sun Belt champs and a good team. QB Grayson McCall ran and passed the Chants to scores. The defense made two key picks for a 34-23 win. 8-0 and now awaiting Liberty who finally lost at NC State 15-14.

Justin Fields had his worst game as a Buckeye, it seemed as if he was trying too hard to make Heisman plays instead of just playing his usual game. 

BYU is out of the playoff discussion IMO after ducking Washington.

Dabo Swinney continues to be insufferable.  HIS team was the one with Covid cases, that forced FSU into a tough decision of cancelling the game.  Did FSU escape a beatdown, most likely.   But Dabo needs to get off his soapbox and worry about keeping his kids healthy.