Skip to main content

Reply to "College Football 2020"

Weekend Summary

Summing it up, COVID cancelled a lot of games and The Masters is being played in November. I did watch a few games at night however.

The best teams improve during the season. Notre Dame looked average early but yesterday won easily at BC following their win over Clemson last week. The Florida offense is playing at a Spurrier level with Kyle Trask on a record breaking pace for TD passes. I never thought that I would see another Gator QB with the football IQ of Danny Wuerffel but Trask knows where to find the open receiver. He threw 6 more TDs last night in the 63-35 win over Arkansas despite his best receiver not playing. Trask is in the Heisman race for real.

Wisconsin could be a legit playoff contender as they whomped Michigan in the Big House 49-11. They are extremely well coached year after year with a roster in the 15-20 range. Indiana won again to go 4-0. The two long time powers of Michigan and Penn State are a combined 1-7. Jim Harbaugh seemingly has to be in settlement negotiations as his team seemed to capitulate last night. James Franklin may also be looking elsewhere as it is beyond belief that Penn St can ever be 0-4.

That's really about it. It is too soon to tell if anyone in the Pac12 is playoff level although recent history says no. We will see how many games get played next week.