Skip to main content

Reply to "College Football 2020"

Weekend Summary

It was the second weekend of the expanded schedule and we are getting a clearer picture of who is good. Next weekend will really sharpen it as some great games are on tap. As for the playoff,  it is between the SEC, ACC and Big 10 winner. Besides what has occurred this short season, this is confirmed by the six year playoff history. 

The ten game SEC schedule will be a grind in which no one emerges unscathed. Alabama dominated Texas A&M, a team thought to be on the rise. Jimbo Fisher will start feeling the heat but I will stop since the Gators play him next. Georgia has the nation's best defense, and maybe the best team, as they surprisingly beat Auburn 27-6. Florida continues to rack up points besting former coach Will Muschamp 38-24. However, the defense is not playing at a championship level as the Cocks had 30 more snaps than the Gators. Tennessee could be the surprise team in the East with an easy win over Mizzou. The Vols go to Georgia next week. LSU rebounded in Music City over Vandy and may still become a contender in the West. The Miss St fans have seen the way it goes with Mike Leach, look great one week and bad the next. The Starkville Dogs lost to Arkansas 21-14 as Sooey Pig snapped their 20 game SEC losing streak.

Clemson slept walked by Virginia but I never take average performances by them early seriously as Dabo has them peak every year. Next up is the surprising Miami Hurricanes. North Carolina won a close one against BC and is on the rise. The Heels play Va Tech next.

Finally, the Big 12 is a mess. OU lost to Iowa St at home (last time it happened was 1960) for its first two game streak since 1999. Texas lost to TCU. Ok St is the remaining unbeaten team and no one thinks that they are playoff caliber. The Arkansas St team that made Iowa St concede got blasted by my hometown Coastal Carolina. Yes, the Chants are 3-0.