Reply to "College Football 2018"

Clemson losing Dexter Lawrence could be significant. Failing a drug test at this juncture is beyond stupid for many reasons. In addition to losing a chance at a title he stayed in school to win, his draft stock will plummet (if he did this in college he may do it in an NFL playoff setting). Notre Dame may have a better chance than people think.

Most know I stay out of insulting schools. I pretty much have personal knowledge about Clemson (SC is  a small chummy state), but the ironic thing is now they do not have to cheat since they are established. Auburn and Alabama have had that reputation for my lifetime. Ole Miss got it under Freeze. Kirby is another dimension over Richt. Many of his players are out of state and he is getting a disproportionate share of five stars. If he ever becomes a good game day coach, look out.

The recruiting budgets for Alabama and Georgia are over $2.5 million per year. The Gator budget is $1.4 million, so Mullen did ok. Saban has 13 analysts in the office looking at film and contacting recruits, and Kirby learned that from him. As with the facilities arms race, it is getting out of hand. The same teams will continue to win.