Reply to "College Basketball 2017-18"

I may have not gotten the teams correct (although I am 61% in my brackets to date), but I got the overall gist of the tourney right. I told you guys that I did not trust Virginia. The lack of elite athletes will bite you in a playoff setting. However, no one expected them to become the first 1 to lose to a 16, and it was not even close. Tony Bennett better change his system fast because someone will score more than 60 points on you when it counts.

Brief summary of seeds remaining - 1-3, 2-4, 3-4 and 4-2, so only three top 16 seeds are out. 5-4 (no 12 seeds won unusual), 6-2, 7-3, 8-1, 9-3, 10-1, 11-2, 13-2 of course 16-1.

The conferences are too diverse to count, but I think that the ACC and SEC each have 6 teams still left.

On a personal note, I know two of the coaches involved in yesterday's upset. Dan D'Antoni of Marshall coached locally at Socastee HS for 30 years (yes, Hunter Renfrow's school). Coach D then went to the NBA and was an assistant to brother Mike for a few years before taking the job at his alma mater Marshall. I am so happy for him. I did not know where Ryan Odom had landed, but I immediately recognized him on the sideline last night. About 15 years ago he sat in the stands with me at the annual Beach Ball Classic when he was an assistant recruiting. I met him briefly a few years later and he remembered the night. His dad coached at Wake, and maybe Ryan will follow him.