Reply to "College Basketball 2017-18"

Here we are, what CBB has become, the best playoff in sports. It does diminish from the regular season, but the payoff may be worth it. Here are my initial thoughts concerning my teams, and I will give my tourney preview on Wednesday after digesting the "experts" shows.

Am I ever proud of Davidson. They needed to win the Atlantic 10 tourney to make the dance and they did it, beating St Bonnie and Rhode Island. In fact, the Cats beat RI twice in a week and are very deserving of their bid. When Davidson jumped up from their Southern Conference roots to the A10 there was trepidation, but they have competed very well in this league. Hopefully the Cats can continue to build on their success and recruit better players to establish themselves as a solid mid-major. Anything else is a bonus for this team. #CatsAreWild.

From there we go to the roller coaster that is the Florida Gators. When on, meaning Jalen Hudson and Kevaughn Allen are nailing threes, the Gators can play and beat anyone. However, when this does not occur, the Gators can lose to anyone. I think that they can win two games and get to the second weekend, but no result in any game will surprise me. Such is life with a team whose best big men were injured and unable to play all year.

Finally, a shout out to the SEC for sending a record 8 teams to the tourney.