Reply to "Best pizza ever?"

actually, i need to shout out to a hole in the wall place in my town called Maria's Italian Deli (not to be confused with the chain Maria's Italian Kitchen)... little Italian deli/restaraunt with ridiculous pizza, and run by Maria herself with a few other older Italian ladies behind the counter. actually they make a crazy good Chopped Salad too but thats another post... two types of pizza - traditional think crust and square, deep dish Sicilian style... i love going in there, type of place where no matter what dish you order your plate is a pile of tomato sauce. Cool when you get your pizza, every time, Maria opens the box for you to see and ALWAYS says, "pretty good, eh?" it's classic... $3.50 pitchers of domestic as well, $4.50 for beers like Sierra Nevada... they have wacky hours too, and the best way to do it is go near closing, order a pitcher and a slice and you inevitably get sent home with the left over pies in the counter Big Grin i love that place and cant believe i forgot about it with this thread