Reply to "Best ball park food"

quote:
Originally posted by Wine Joe:

Firstly, what's the big deal about eating a hot dog off the ground. I once at a chicken wing off the parking lot of Qualcomm stadium and it wasn't even mine!! (the people tailgaiting next to us dropped it; I was hungry, and they seemed like clean people....)

They looked clean,it was probably some skanks from SDSU. Smile

Secondly, you say it's hard to dis the Dodger Dog, but that's exactly what you did. Shame on you Mad As Vin Scully used to say of Farmer John franks: "Eastern-most in quality, Western-most in flavor"

Lastly, the Sushi restaurant at Petco Park in San Diego actually has good sushi. The prices are high and the portions small, but the quality was pretty good the 2 times I've been. Plus, you can sit at a table and watch the game with good sight lines. I guess when you consider that a beer at a ball park costs double what it will at a bar down the street, it only makes sense that the sushi at the ball park is twice the price of a regular sushi restaurant down the street.

A hot dog is a must at a game, pickles, jalapeños, pepperoncini and mustard (sauerkraut if they have it). Afterwards, go get a white at Bacchus and an iced shellfish platter at one of their free corkage spots. I am not a sushi man. Wink

Go Padres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!