Reply to "Best ball park food"

quote:
Originally posted by kumazam:
quote:
Originally posted by jgreen:
DUDE, did you just dis the Dodger dog? There is nothing better than a bud light and a Dodger dog (with ketchup, mustard and lots of onions)....NOTHING! Blasphemy..I am appalled!

what about those bacon wrapped sausages sold at the little push carts? Big Grin

funny story, we'd just left Staples and my buddy and i got one of those dogs... he had a couple beers in him and dropped his dog, right there off Figueroa... he calls 3 second rule and picks it back up Eek even the vendor lady was like, "no! no! i'll give you another one!" and he eats the damn thing... Roll Eyes Red Face

Firstly, what's the big deal about eating a hot dog off the ground. I once at a chicken wing off the parking lot of Qualcomm stadium and it wasn't even mine!! (the people tailgaiting next to us dropped it; I was hungry, and they seemed like clean people....)

Secondly, you say it's hard to dis the Dodger Dog, but that's exactly what you did. Shame on you Mad As Vin Scully used to say of Farmer John franks: "Eastern-most in quality, Western-most in flavor"

Lastly, the Sushi restaurant at Petco Park in San Diego actually has good sushi. The prices are high and the portions small, but the quality was pretty good the 2 times I've been. Plus, you can sit at a table and watch the game with good sight lines. I guess when you consider that a beer at a ball park costs double what it will at a bar down the street, it only makes sense that the sushi at the ball park is twice the price of a regular sushi restaurant down the street.

Go Padres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!