Reply to "August 2019 - What Are You Drnking?"

steve8 posted:
billhike posted:
mimik posted:
billhike posted:

I got lazy with my post - guilty as charged! 

Thanks again for hosting, and to everyone for the great wine contribution. Good to see Steve again! 

What wine did Steve8 bring?  The Spatlese or the Cayuse maybe?

The 05 Pavie I believe.

That is correct and it was easily my least favourite wine. More Brett than the #5 KC Royals uniform hanging in the baseball HOF. Just another reason why I have zero interest in Boredeaux.

My #1 of the blind reds was the Grassini, which I'd never even heard of before Saturday, followed by the Cayuse and the Janasse. Funny thing is I pegged the Janasse as a nebbiolo.

Great evening and it was good to see everyone again. Thanks to the TLV's for hosting and the hospitality.

As for my return trip, to be fair I've had worse days at airports as I did make it home on Sunday night, although just barely. Last stand-by seat on the last flight of the day.

When I did get home I needed a drink so I opened the 2012 Varner Bee Block Chardonnay which we never got to on Saturday night. Superb bottle of chard. Glad I have a couple more.

The 2005 Pavie is a monster of a wine, and very modern. Surprised you had a bottle. In any case, if you are offloading Bordeaux, I might be your man.