Reply to "August 2018 - What Are You Buying?"

Greetings fellow travellers. I was fortunate today to be able to purchase wines from a new favorite amongst local producers of Cabernet Sauvignon: Christopher Tynan.

The wine in question is the Christopher Tynan Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines Meleagris Gallopavo, and I purchased 6 bottles of each of the 2012 and 2013 vintages. I fairly swooned with joy to see these bottles take their rightful place in my cellar.

I have had the pleasure of drinking the 2012 Christopher Tynan Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena Reserve and while it is a monstrous and unyielding wine at this time, its pedigree and potential were still very apparent. It is a superbly balanced and structured wine. 

I would highly recommend Mr. Tynan's wines to those who appreciate a more nuanced and, dare I say it, austere approach to California Cabernet. But be forewarned that these wines will require many years of cellaring for them to reach their full potential.

I hope you are all enjoying the summer of 2018 and are making the most of the unusually hot weather that most of the country has experienced. I, for one, am counting the days until we can welcome the more moderate and crisp weather of the fall months.

Until next,
Derek