Skip to main content

Reply to "Art Enthusiast:"

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Each to their own and all...but I have to admit that Bacon triptych of Freud does less than nothing for me.

Oh the things I could do with $142.4mln.

Ha. The things you could do with the $15.4m buyers premium. Wink

I thought $100m, but this caught a number of people by surprise.

I read Gagosian went to $101mln and Hong Gyu Shin went to $87mln.

Also of interest Koon's Orange Balloon Dog went for $58.4mln (high estimate was $55mln) to a telephone bidder. That's the highest price for a living artist now I believe.

Oh and going through $15.4mln would be fairly easy. Smile Pay off the mortgage in Chicago and Toronto, nice little reno/extension at the cottage, find a good building lot within 5 miles of where we are now and build a house (quite frankly if I’m blowing the money I’ve always wanted a Shope Reno Wharton house. They could redo the cottage as well), new 911 Turbo S and an Evanta Aston Martin DB4 Zegato recreation, replace our MB wagon with a new E63S wagon, 100 cases of wine or so, an FP Journe Octa in Platnium and a Patek 3738 & 5164, a couple of Hermes bags for my wife along a new pair of diamond studs, go to Poole for a few suits, G&G for some shoes and furnish the new house, and well by then all of that money is probably gone…

Now $140+ million,that would take a serious undertaking to blow! Devilish I'm sure I would be up for the task.
Last edited by robsutherland