Skip to main content

Reply to "Art Enthusiast:"

quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Interesting comments about Giclees W+A. I've always dismissed them as well primarily due to my preferences on seeing and admiring the brush strokes and techniques.

DD, you have just dismissed 80% of all art, including Rembrandt etchings, drypoints and other forms of printmaking. Wink

I'm also very confident you have seen printmaking in museums before and never knew it, including giclees.

DD - If you find yourself in Dallas:

https://www.kimbellart.org/exh...rt-institute-chicago

There was also an exhibit in Chicago this Spring titled "Picasso in Chicago". Some of these bigger shows are the best exposure to Picasso's print making. My favorite works of Picasso are his prints from the 1930s. If you can get yourself to one of these larger shows they usually include a lot of detail about exactly what the different forms of printing are and what's involved for the artist. Picasso I'd recommend just for the breadth of work you'll see across all forms.

You will also see the Kimbell building itself designed by two great architects. One building by Louis Kahn and the new building by Renzo Piano. Cool