Skip to main content

Reply to "Art Enthusiast:"

quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
I may be using words incorrectly, but here goes.

An Eisenstadt photo (Children at Puppet Theatre) was released in 1991. This photo was printed from the original negative and signed by Eisenstadt. I believe this piece was a silver-gelatin print. It's a beautiful piece at 20x24 and is auctioning in the $50,000 range.

Parcival, you certain that wasn't a Platinum Palladium Print? I don't know the specific piece that you're referring personally but would expect that was specifically that type of print. This type of print would have more Influence on the piece's value (IMO) than just the artist's signature. It would be extremely age worthy

Kevin -- not sure. But, here's some more info. Other photos released back in 1991 are selling for ~2x their original offer price (e.g., a few prints with original price of ~$1,400, now selling for ~$2,500). According to every gallery with whom I have spoken, the "Children at Puppet Theatre" was a run-away success and skyrocketed in value within a few years of being released (edition size = 250).

Anyway, going to check into this. All I know is that the "original" is way outside of my art-purchase strike zone!