Skip to main content

Reply to "2020-2021 European Football"

I get the feeling I am watching Chelsea's season come crashing down. Losing to Arsenal in the PL game a few days ago was poor and leaves them in the weakest position between them, Leicester and Liverpool for the last two CL spots. A spot they don't need of course if they can beat Man City in the final but beating them 3 times in a row?? After two games in a row without a single goal?

Great goal by Tielemans to give Leicester the FA Cup and hand the Blues their second consecutive FA Cup final loss. Also a couple of great saves by Schmeichel late in the game.

I'm really mixed on Tuchel. No question he's got the defence in order but his insistence on always playing that useless mofo in the middle of the field continues to piss me off. Nor does he seem to have any idea who should play up top other than Mount. He gives Giroud scraps of playing time and refuses to even give Abraham a chance who will no doubt want to leave this summer.

On another subject, it will be interesting to see how UEFA is going to penalize Barca, Real Madrid and Juve for their continued insistence on a super league. A ban on CL football next season? I think that would be warranted.