Skip to main content

Reply to "2020-2021 European Football"

@steve8 posted:

For those that follow the sport, what do you think of this European Super League idea that is being thrown around? A league of the richest teams in Europe with no relegation? ManUre and Barca have stated they are interested. What a surprise. Money grubbing owners.

I don't like it.  I get the idea of having the best play the best, but if you aren't a fan of those big squads, you might watch, but it'll also turn you off since you have no skin in the game.  I like the set up now, with Champs league.  The tourney still does a good job of getting the best teams spread out in different groups so that they meet in the knockout rounds, and even the group stage games against minnows are great to watch since you can see some of the younger boys get out there.  And what happens when the big boys suck (like Arsenal/ManU this year, or the Milan squads).  I'd hate to miss out on seeing Ajax make a run or Atalanta.

And this may just be my economics background talking, but maybe if you are spending so much money and taking a huge loss, think about becoming more efficient and improving, rather than trying to get more revenue to cover your mistakes (I'm looking at you ManU and Paul Pogba).