Reply to "2019 Golf"

You guys just read my mind as I was about to start a thread.

The rules have become a burden lately. First, we have the confusion of implementing the new rules. While I love leaving the flagstick in when I play now, it does look strange in a pro tourney. That one may be reversed, maybe locally at Augusta. As for Fowler, yes, that seemed to be an excessive penalty. The rules have already been changed to address the problem of ball movement on the putting surface, so why not expand them to include "through the green" meaning all parts of the course. I agree with you on that one. Then there is the utter silliness of the caddy behind the player. I know why they adopted that rule as all you had to do was watch 15 minutes of an LPGA event to get that. The Euro Tour unfairly docked H Li last week (he came back to finish 2nd again this week, good for him and a great longshot pick as a major winner this season) . The PGA Tour assessed Denny McCarthy a penalty and then wisely rescinded it when they saw the caddy was gone at least ten seconds when McCarty hit his shot. The rule needs to be more clearly stated, 

As for Sergio, I cannot comprehend his actions at all. Throwing a tantrum in a bunker like a five year old and then purposely defacing the golf course, really. Sergio is rich, famous, has his major and now has a nice wife and child. While he has always been a brat, this goes way beyond immature behavior. The Euro Tour should suspend him for at least three months and the PGA Tour should also enforce it. I would imagine that Chairman Ridley and former Chairman Payne are going to have a serious conversation with Garcia to put him on the shortest of leashes. If he does not change, he could lose his shot at both the Hall of Fame and playing ever again at Augusta.