Reply to "2009 Bodegas Muga Seleccion Especial Reserva Rioja"

quote:
Originally posted by Vinolocity:
Guilty. Guilty, guilty, guilty! Thats the first thing that comes to mind as I begin this post. I read the reviews, the tasting notes, etc. All signs pointed to the fact that as I walked in this evening, telling my wife a "lil white lie" that this in fact WAS the wine I had shipped... Shhh... Costco find, on a pallet yet to be "un-shrink-wrapped, in a sealed case of 12. At an obviously unpassable price of 29.99... That I SHOULD just place the SEALED box in the cellar. But couldn't resist. So might as well share right? Opened approx 90 minutes ago. Stunning color, bright ruby delving deep into the glass to give off a purple core and even tone. Notes are cool, perhaps of menthol and cedar, perfume like and aromatic on the nose. First impression on the palate it's obviously very young, yet approachable. Gorgeous red berry bursts, cherries, and a smoky undertone that permeates throughout the finish. And the finish... And the finish...... (subtext, got called away from the table for a "honey-do") and realized a full five minutes later I still had this delicious cherry lip smacking "memories of jolly rancher as a child" kind of flavor. Lingering is an understatement.

Should any be interested in checking their local "BIG BOX" here is the item number: 983445

Just don't come to my 'hood Devilish I'm on a mission, but of course willing to share. Just in 5-7 years like Mimik and W+A advises. And enjoy...

Good to know . . . at $30, worth trying to find this