Reply to "2008 Domaine du Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Reserve"

Very conveniently, this wine came up yesterday and today in a post from Dan Kravitz over on WineBerserkers. Dan is the primary importer of Pegau into the US.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/...590&p=866060#p866060

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Kravitz:
As for 2008, it was a typo on my part to write "1998 is a frankly light vintage, but really tasty. If you insist on opening Pegau when there is Burgundy on the table, this would be a good one." I mean to write 2008. 1998 is a BIG vintage that IMO is drinking beautifully right now but will improve for at least 5 years (assuming good provenance and storage).

2008 is a delicate beauty that will probably peak at 8 - 10 years. I would not hold it past 15, but balance is important and this has it. Laurence will be here in a few weeks and as part of a tasting we'll be opening '97, not considered much of a vintage. Laurence is sending it, so I now assume it's going to be terrific (or she wouldn't bother). '08 is reasonably priced (by Chateauneuf and Pegau standards) and should be enjoyable every day of its life; it's not the kind of vintage that will shut down.