2000 Dr. Loosen Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett (Moset-Saar-Ruwer)

I got this wine about two months ago while at the beach. I figured if I liked the CSM-Loosen Eroica bottling, I should try some of the real stuff.

I had this once before about a month ago and I didn't like it. I had it with pizza, I think, and the pairing was just awful. I guess I was too much to try it right away. I was very disappointed.

Tonight, we had it with Chinese food from Hunan Manor (of Columbia) -- best (Americanized) Chinese in Howard County, MD. This wine paired beaautifully with the somewhat spicy dishes we had.

It's very light, but, even though it is a Kabinett (which I was told is supposed to be in a drier style), had a hint of sweetness to it. Normally, I would not like this in this type of wine, but with Chinese food it was wonderful.

It had good minerals in there, maybe some pebbles. I tasted kind of light, but with enough structure to give it some good mouthfeel. I could taste some fruit, but I really could not place it at all -- must have been the Sha Cha Chicken!

All in all, I liked it. I'd rate it an 85. I think I prefer the Eroica, though. They were about the same price. But, this is my chinese food wine for now. I have one bottle left, but maybe I'll be lucky to find more....
Original Post